Senior Battery Expert & AnalystLocation: Dresden / remote // Starting: as of now
You got a few years (c. 2 at least) of working experience with Li Ion Batteries, in particular modelling and investigation of degradation mechanism and the involved electrochemical processes? You got a robust knowledge on the external influencing factors to phenomena like Li-Plating, capacity fade, kneepoint-onset, and the like? You are moreover eager to see your experience and knowhow in practical action, having a real impact on customers, politics and the environment – not only theoretically, but practically on terrabytes of real-life battery data.
If so, we’d gladly welcome you in our team as a Senior Battery Expert & Analyst, supporting our algorithm development department for our scalable, automated battery analytics software platform.
We make the wear of the most expensive vehicle wear part, the battery, transparent. By unlocking valuable information in the field data that continuously accumulates during daily system operation, we enable our customers to develop more economical battery systems, reduce operational risks and establish after-use concepts (2nd-use).
We are an experienced team of engineers, battery experts and software developers and, as a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI, we work with state-of-the-art technology for a higher goal – more on www.volytica.com.
- Academic degree in the natural science domain, e.g. engineering, physics, (electro)chemistry, or – alternatively – equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of practical experience
- Provable experience in Li-ion degradation domain, e.g. concepts such as Li-Plating, capacity fade/resistance increase, kneepoint-onset are well known to you
- Advantageous are experiences in (short-term) time-domain modeling of Li-ion batteries (e.g., with ECM models and/or using AI)
- It is a must that you are familiar with a programming language (e.g. Python or Matlab), or that you at least are eager to deepen your knowledge here
- Expert language proficiency in English, German or both
- Experience with the cloud, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google
- Experience with concepts and limitations of AI/machine learning
- Experience in leading teams is advantageous
Why should you join
- At vdx, you are part of a dynamic and ambitious team of juniors and seniors that works together on the technology for tomorrow
- Modern cloud technologies, electromobility and lithium-ion batteries, IOT, IAC and Industry 4.0: these are no marketing platitudes for us
- Your strengths and interests determine your development potential – we place great value on individual personality and skill development
- In the center of Dresden we offer you a workplace with a pleasant, modern atmosphere – and we subsidize your mobility!
- Flexible work scheduling – we take your individual situation into consideration and make it possible to work in a family-friendly manner. This includes optional home office and remote work