Battery Expert for Electric VehiclesLocation: Dresden / remote // Starting: as of now
Are you passionate about electric vehicles and want to make a positive impact on the transition to e-mobility? BMS and OBD are familiar abbreviations for you and you want to put your knowledge into practice in a young, dynamic team?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Battery Expert for electric vehicles to join our dynamic team. As part of our team, you will work with cutting-edge technology and develop software solutions that help us understand what’s going on in electric vehicles’ batteries. If you are someone who loves tinkering with cars and has a knack for problem-solving, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Batteries are essential for the energy and transport revolution. They are installed in buses, trains, construction machinery and renewable energy power plants. Without batteries, there will be no rapid energy and transport turnaround. Although batteries are so crucial, users have little knowledge about how this expensive and complex product ages and how safe batteries are in use.
Creating transparency here is our mission. By using field data, we enable our customers to develop more economical battery systems, reduce operational risks and establish after-use (2nd-use) concepts.
We are an experienced team of engineers, battery experts and software developers and, as a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI, we work with state-of-the-art technology for a higher goal – more on www.volytica.com.
- Work with OBD and charging infrastructure data to determine the state of electric vehicle batteries
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in electric vehicle technology, including battery management and charging protocols
- Participate in the design and testing of hardware and software components related to battery health estimation
- Provide technical guidance and support to other team members
- Work with our partners and customers to further improve our products
- Completed technical training – FH, university (vehicle technology, control technology, electrical engineering or similar) or – alternatively – equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with electric vehicles, BMS and OBD systems
- Familiarity with battery testing equipment and techniques
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for electric vehicles and sustainable transportation solutions
- Programming skills in Python or other programming languages
- Knowledge of electric vehicle charging protocols (e.g. CCS, CHAdeMO, AC) is a plus
Why you should join
- At vdx you are part of a dynamic and ambitious team of juniors and seniors that works together on the technology for tomorrow
- Modern cloud technologies, electromobility and lithium-ion batteries, IOT, IAC and Industry 4.0: these are no marketing platitudes for us
- Your strengths and interests determine your development potential – we place great value on individual personality and skill development
- In the center of Dresden we offer you a workplace with a pleasant, modern atmosphere – and we subsidize your mobility!
- Flexible work scheduling – we take your individual situation into consideration and make it possible to work in a family-friendly manner. This includes optional home office and remote work