Product Manager / Product OwnerLocation: Dresden / remote // Starting: as of now
Batteries are essential for the energy and transport revolution. They are installed in buses, trains, construction machinery and renewable energy power plants. Without batteries, there will be no rapid energy and transport turnaround. Although batteries are so crucial, users have little knowledge about how this expensive and complex product ages and how safe batteries are in use.
Creating transparency here is our mission. By using field data, we enable our customers to develop more economical battery systems, reduce operational risks and establish after-use (2nd-use) concepts.
We are an experienced team of engineers, battery experts and software developers and, as a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI, we work with state-of-the-art technology for a higher goal – more on www.volytica.com.
- You are a go-to person of both the development teams, the product management and the commercial organisation for turning the roadmap and product vision into a real, customer-centric and best-in-class product
- You enjoy breaking down abstract information into actionable tasks, e.g. by workshops, creating user stories or writing and maintaining transparent tickets – and you don’t shy back from guiding the teams in a structured, process-oriented systematic way, necessary to build traceability, accountability and control
- You are a person of detail, strict timelines, metrics, structure and process – but yet knowledgeable and a person of trust for colleagues across all teams. You understand their jobs, and what they need to excel – but you also advocate the client’s needs in our products, putting the “what” into a perspective of “why so, and why now”
- You lead meetings, you generate and groom tickets/backlogs, track development time, and you support in writing and fostering product manuals and documentation
- You help execute the strategy and product roadmap – but you don’t shy back from standing your ground if you and/or the teams object to certain tasks, or if you have recommendations and improvements
- Ideally 1-3 years of professional experience in product management or product ownership (software, SaaS, IoT, data analytics,…) – ideally in the B2B electromobility, energy or battery sector
- You are a ‘delivery’ type of person (as opposed to a ‘discovery’ role) – you enjoy working closely and on a day-by-day basis with the development teams, guiding and orchestrating the agile process by maintaining, grooming and breaking down the ‘tasks to be done’ from the broader mid-/long-term roadmap into executable backlog items
- Excellent language skills in English and German
- Some knowledge of the ins and outs of the global battery value chain (market forces, liability and warranty conditions, cell production capacity)
- Experience with the cloud, such as AWS, Azure, and/or Google
- Experience with concepts and limitations of AI/machine learning
Why you should join
- At vdx you are part of a dynamic and ambitious team of juniors and seniors that works together on the technology for tomorrow
- Modern cloud technologies, electromobility and lithium-ion batteries, IOT, IAC and Industry 4.0: these are no marketing platitudes for us
- Your strengths and interests determine your development potential – we place great value on individual personality and skill development
- In the center of Dresden we offer you a workplace with a pleasant, modern atmosphere – and we subsidize your mobility!
- Flexible work scheduling – we take your individual situation into consideration and make it possible to work in a family-friendly manner. This includes optional home office and remote work