Business Development ManagerLocation: Dresden / remote if necessary // Starting: as of now
Batteries are essential for the energy and transport revolution. They are installed in buses, trains, construction machinery and renewable energy power plants. Without batteries, there will be no rapid energy and transport turnaround. Although batteries are so crucial, users have little knowledge about how this expensive and complex product ages and how safe batteries are in use.
Creating transparency here is our mission. By using field data, we enable our customers to develop more economical battery systems, reduce operational risks and establish after-use (2nd-use) concepts.
We are an experienced team of engineers, battery experts and software developers and, as a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute for Transportation and Infrastructure Systems IVI, we work with state-of-the-art technology for a higher goal – more on www.volytica.com.
- Responsibility for selected strategy and business development initiatives of the company, among them in the areas of developing and establishing indirect sales channels, reseller models, partnerships as well as identifying the expansion of existing and creation of new business models (data-driven insurance products, new verticals & domains such as micro-mobility, technical inspection, maritime transport and others)
- Generation and validation (from a financial and product angle) of scalable business cases, conducting both internal and external workshops (remote or traveling), interviews, market and competition research and whatever else it takes to build ahead-of-the-market plans and strategies
- Development and fostering of strategic partnerships and alliances, presence on exhibitions, conferences and other relevant events for both representation of the company, and gathering of relevant market information and intelligence
- Presenting and defending the results in the appropriate formats
- More than 2 years of experience (in min. 2 positions) working with in business development, sales or product management (or similar), in the broader context of software/SaaS, energy or mobility industry, finance or insurance
- Outgoing personality, willing to engage with colleagues, clients and strategic partners alike, not shying back from building robust, trust-based relationships to generate all necessary information, insights and plans to build solid potential business cases
- Highly abstract and strategic thinker with strong analytical skills – you enjoy looking for the broader market picture, spotting patterns and similarities across different industries, domains and customer requirements, and casting that view into concrete opportunities that you underpin with financial and market numbers
- High product affinity – in close collaboration with product management and, if case may be, with the development teams, you sketch out possible product development paths, fitting the envisioned business cases
- Excellent communication skills (English is a must, German beneficial)
- Affinity for sustainable transportation, e-mobility, energy and battery storage
- Background in consultancy, business/finance, MBA, industrial engineering
Why you should join
- At vdx, you are part of a dynamic and ambitious team of juniors and seniors that works together on the technology for tomorrow
- Modern cloud technologies, electromobility and lithium-ion batteries, IOT, IAC and Industry 4.0: these are no marketing platitudes for us
- Your strengths and interests determine your development potential – we place great value on individual personality and skill development
- In the center of Dresden we offer you a workplace with a pleasant, modern atmosphere – and we subsidize your mobility!
- Flexible work scheduling – we take your individual situation into consideration and make it possible to work in a family-friendly manner. This includes optional home office and remote work